July 14, 2013
I had no idea...
That this much joy and blossoms were hidden right behind my greatest fear of the time.
All the resistance, all the fear, was an illusion.
There are roses and jasmines all around, now that I have stepped out.
You see; Marrying is not there to limit your spirit. your life. your dreams. your love. your essence.
It is there to offer you a safe ground to be you, to experience what you wished to be, to know you are loved and appreciated no matter what...
I thought, it's a project. I used to think one falls in love, for better or worse, and stays on the side for as long as they breathe and their heart beat. That model didn't work. in fact, it failed; it broke down into pieces, and the pieces hurt my soul. I came out a stronger person, and realized I should fix me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This post somehow reminds me of the time I was struggling with big decisions back in Iran, and you were literally the only one coming out with words of support and encouragement. Remember the book you gave me? The lessons I learned come to my aid every time I feel like giving up.
ReplyDeleteLet's meet up in Tehran. I'll take you to my favourite cafe.
I would so certainly love to...
DeleteI remember every bit and piece if your story Shirin.
Be omide didaret. :**